Consequences of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consequences of War

A record of our adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kimmuriel confronts Berric

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

Kimmuriel confronts Berric Empty
PostSubject: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 10:23 am

This takes place during Wellby's talk with Nym.

Kimmuriel watches the half-drow and halfling with the scar walk towards the main entrance to the fortress. He also notices Lander's glazed over eyes, and the way the others are caring for him, and the missing swordsman.

He concentrates on each person for a moment in a way that makes everyone's skin crawl and goosebumps form. Finally, he settles on Berric.

"Your highness." He says with excessive courtesy. "I think, perhaps, it is time you and I spoke of matters of state." He waves the paladin of Torm over towards a corner of the room."

Once alone he clasps Berric's shoulders in a sign of good will. "I must thank you, Paladin of Torm, townmaster of Phandalin, and displaced King of Rhoen. You have allowed my House to become whole again. I will see House Oboldra thrive. We will hunt down House Banare (spelling?) and slaughter them. Evenentually, we will be strong enough to stand against that wretched spider queen herself. It is a new day for the Drow!" He exclaims. "Perhaps not the one you envision, but a new day has come. There is a long road to finish our goals. A long road that will be paved in blood. It is all thanks to you," he finished with a smile.

"However, before I let you leave there is a matter of restitution. You have stolen from me, invaded my home, slaughter many of guards, are seeking to set my slaves free, and killed my son." He lets this sink in a moment before continuing. "By my reckoning, You owe me a great deal."
Back to top Go down
Shaill Zauvirr

Shaill Zauvirr

Character sheet
Character Name:
Level:
Classes:

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 12:20 pm

At this point, young Shaill walks by, in her long, flowing gown, adjusts the tiny circlet entwined in her braided hair, and smiles at Berric before continuing on her way, but not before intently staring at Kimmuriel for a second.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet
Character Name: Beric Stormraven/Ulric Grimnar
Level: 6
Classes: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 1:48 pm

You must know that every fiber of my being is telling me to stop you now... You and your monster. *quick glance at the mindflayer then back at Kimmuriel* Your actions brought a mercenary band down upon Phandalin and I am being forced to return without a guilty party. Ticier is dead and Lander is severely injured. I am staying my hand out of goodwill towards Shaill, your new leader, and the majority opinion of my group, or what's left of it. I have come to an agreement with Shaill. I have no business with you. *Shrugs off Kimmuriel's hands*

OOC: I'm trying hard not to make Beric Lawful Stupid while still following the will of Torm. My own indecisiveness is also showing itself through Beric but I'll get better at it.
Back to top Go down
https://consequencesofwar.rpg-board.net
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 2:09 pm

"Poor man. You think she is my new leader? She is a means to an end, daughter or not. She will lead, but at my urging and guidance. Even if she wants to fight me she would be powerless."

He looks the the Illithid, tentacles wriggling in hunger as he stares at Lander. "I've spent a life time with them; learning, practicing, growing stronger. My psionic powers rival some of their elders now. Matched with the dark one's powers I will succeed."

He looks Berric in the eyes. Berric feels a strong urge to lay down his arms and swear allegiance to House Oboldra. Kimmuriel smiles broadly. "A taste of my power. I wouldn't really force you, not yet. There are other powers at work in the world and I think I would prefer you dealt a blow to them first."
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 2:25 pm

"Shaill is much stronger than you remember. She can overcome you."

"Keep your dog away from him"
*nodding towards the Ilithid* "and stay out of my mind."

Beric is doing everything he can to keep his rage in check. This is going against everything he believes in but in the party's current state a fight may be too risky.
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 3:53 pm

"Do you really believe that? What if I told you that she has already asked me to have Nym remain here as her handmaiden as part of the restitution owed us by the Iron Suns?" It makes sense. Nym needs teaching to master her new powers, and she is half Drow. You've all killed her father." He pauses. "We are her only family now."
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 4:53 pm

"Shaill wishes for too much. Nym's mind is not yours to control. If she wishes to stay here then that is her wish but I will not stand for your will being imposed upon her. She has grown in strength without you and she can continue to do so.

Do not presume that because you are her blood, you are her only family. I will stand beside her no matter what wicked god gives her power.
He points at the statue of Cthulu "Nym is part of my family and I won't allow any harm come to her."
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 10:39 pm

The Drow's face takes a very serious edge. "You still don't understand your position in this world, do you young man." He sneers.

"Your sister rules in your stead with an iron fist while raising an army of darkness. The Cult of the Dragon seeks to raise the dragon goddess, Tiamat, from her prison in the Nine Hells. A Dark One holds sway over at least one of your party. Even the mighty Torm has shown his displeasure in you!" He screams by the end, a wicked tone to his voice.

"Your power, such as it is, pales in comparison to those you face. The Iron Suns have been lucky so far. Do not believe that luck will always be with you."
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Level: 8
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 10:44 pm

ooc: Nice chat so far.
Back to top Go down
Shaill Zauvirr

Shaill Zauvirr

Character sheet
Character Name:
Level:
Classes:

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2015, 11:10 pm

OCC: Harold, do you really want to make Charles attack this guy or something?
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2015, 1:58 am

Beric puts every ounce of hatred he can muster into these words. "The world stands at the precipice of chaos. We will pull it back. The Iron Suns will grow and we will be tomorrow's light. I have made my amends with Torm and now his only grievance will be that I have been willing to leave while your heart still beats."
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2015, 8:08 am

"Ah! Finally some conviction!" Kimmuriel seems genuinely excited. You will need that conviction to do what you must soon. And no, before you pull your fancy sword from your sheath I am not talking about plunging it into my heart. Here is what you will do now." He pauses as if in deep thought for a moment. "You will return what you have stolen from me. You will allow Shiall the chance to convince Nym to take her place as hand maiden to our new Matron Mother."

Kimmuriel looks over towards the Illithid for a few seconds. "You can't return my fallen soldiers, or my son, to me. So, perhaps, we can keep your mindless bard in return? My associates are getting hungry, and you would have to drag him all the way back to the surface as he is now."
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2015, 1:09 pm

"My deal has been made with Shaill. Nym may choose where she wishes to go but you will have no part. Her mind won't be tampered with. Consider what has been taken to be restitution for the harm you brought to Phandalin." Beric squints his eyes and emphasizes every word of the next statement. "And like I told that creature, my friend will not be touched. I'll carry him myself if I must."

Beric relaxes slightly. "We will be needing supplies for the trip. I'm willing to pay for that. No more will be taken."
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2015, 1:23 pm

Kimmuriel looks Beric over again. "Torm must really enjoy toying with you, and giving you a backbone when you need it most. I am actually impressed you continue to show strength and courage in the face of overwhelming defeat."

The Drow looks over towards his daughter. "My daughter. Find my niece and discuss your request with her directly. His Highness is leaving this decision to her, and her alone." Kimmuriel then looks at the slaves that Shaill and Beric accompanied back into the room. In seconds they scamper off towards the kitchens and storage room. "They will bring forth some supplies for you. I believe your counter offer for the restitution is unacceptable. My son, such as he was, is dead. I did not support, nor sponsor the attack on Phandalin. I will not, nor will I have House Oboldra, be held accountable."
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Level: 8
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2015, 1:32 pm

Ooc: oooo a cross chat into my chat with nym. Specially since mines taken awhile.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2015, 2:22 pm

"Regardless of whom you supported, your actions brought those drow to Phandalin. They damaged the town, killed and kidnapped citizens, and sucked the soul from a friend of mine." Beric nods toward Shaill as she is leaving the room. "Those events led us here, to you. Your guards, including your son, were caught in the crossfire. Whether you like it or not your actions led us here and your actions ultimately brought about your son’s death. Your daughter is returned to you and your future *Beric cringes slightly out of anger* looks bright."

"You have failed to provide me with details on those who you would consider responsible so I am left with little choice.”
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2015, 10:38 am

"Beric, you have an odd perspective. I 'sucked the soul from a friend' is not completely accurate. I had my daughter pulled from the prison her in which her soul resided, that would be poor Nym's skull. Nym's soul was left in tact, and in fact she is healthier now than before you arrived." He looks a little down cast, "It is true that Drow attacked Phandalin. However, they were mercenaries that had their services purchased by Halia Thorton, not by myself or House Oboldra. It is unfortunate, however, that it was members of Bregan_D'aerthe that were hired. I was a leader amongst them for a time. They are supposed to be primarily a mercantile group now."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kimmuriel confronts Berric   Kimmuriel confronts Berric I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kimmuriel confronts Berric
Page 1 of 1