Consequences of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consequences of War

A record of our adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome DM Charlie!

Go down 
+3
Healdhj
Beric Stormraven
SodaPopinski
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

Welcome DM Charlie!  Empty
PostSubject: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2015, 1:38 pm

So, after Lander the Lucky lost his head, and Soda Popinsky took off heads, Charlie has offered to run Horde of the Dragon Queen every other week starting this coming Sunday. Charlie will confirm but we expect to start with the final episode in Horde and then move to the rise of Tiamat which aligns closely with the timeline of Consequences of War.

Thanks Charlie!

Harold
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Level: 8
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2015, 5:55 pm

Well i suggested we at least do the last chapter of hotdq that way some people are better geared for rise of tiamat (and we have money for resing people). And makes It somewhat easier to decide on the two key factors; the fate of the castle and the black dragon mask. Although its going to be a grueling slug fest if it goes wrong.

Also rise of tiamat layout is more confusing than hotdq. Reads like a choose your own adventure book.
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2015, 6:50 pm

Agreed. He'll need time to prepare.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2015, 7:47 pm

Also was our "world" considered standard or high fantasy? This is in regards to starting wealth for higher level characters.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet
Character Name: Beric Stormraven/Ulric Grimnar
Level: 6
Classes: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 1:42 am

This makes sense. I don't know how long the last episode is but is it possible to finish it in one of our sessions?
Back to top Go down
https://consequencesofwar.rpg-board.net
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 11:37 am

Kinda yes and no. Bout as big as lost mines but with more combat with stronger monsters.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 11:55 am

It took us at least two for the mine so we'll see I guess
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet
Character Name: Soda Popinski
Classes: Barbarian V, Fighter I

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 12:02 pm

Thanks guys! Some things about me and the way I DM

1. Lots of improv, and lots of spontaneous events. Don't be surprised if a lot of NPCs have the same accent.

2. If you can describe it well enough, it can work. That being said, if you do something crazy, don't be surprised if it backfires.

3. Obviously I'll be going by the book, but side quests are always good, and I'll try to factor in some of your backstories.

And I'll go with high fantasy, just to inflate the market a bit. Unless RoT has a world type.
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet
Character Name: Nym Leavold
Classes: 8 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 1:07 pm

What level characters are we making?
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 1:21 pm

If its rise of tiamat, then level 8. If its last chapter of horde, then its 7th.
Sounds like we're doing rise.

Last edited by Wellby on February 24th 2015, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 1:31 pm

What are you playing Maggie?
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet
Character Name: Nym Leavold
Classes: 8 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 6:53 am

Cleric
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 6:55 am

Marcus wants to do a human wild magic Sorc.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 11:16 am

Looking at builds, sounds like 3 spellcasters, paladin, cleric, monk and weapon toting barbarin.
Really tempted to make a grappler/hulk build (which is hillarious). But might have to lean to a ranged person.
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 11:47 am

A lot of my spells are leaning towards range. Ray of Sickness, enfeeblement, Poison Spray, fire bolt, lightening bolt, and melf's acid arrow. A lot of the real undead support stuff is just coming into range for me.

Also with my proficiency and ability mod my spell attack is +5 at 6th level already.

Harold
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 12:33 pm

Awesome. Remember that Chris has built Sterog to be the tankiest out of all of us since he's a punching sorcerer. Once he has the Dragon mask, he should end up having the highest AC.

Idk how the cleric is fighting but I know I'm using greatswords and Steven's barbarian is more tanky with sword and shield.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 1:29 pm

Hard to tell. Most of us can push 19-22 ac without magic items if the person is munchkin'd for it. In which case, best way to overcome ac is to use stuff which doesnt need ac to damage (which there is a lot, and some which dont use saves for half/none)
What sort of monkey grip your using for greatswords? Longswords I can understand.
My grappler does have a level in rouge so he could pick locks. Other than that I was thinking of using the personality trait have having him use hand signals and grunting for communication. Or I could do a 'groot' routine if someone would be my 'rocket racoon' for translations. Though I would need someone willing to cast enlarge person on me to make my stuff better.
If maggie is being a death cleric, I think she was trying to use a glaive in form of a scythe for flavor.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 1:34 pm

What do you mean by monkey grip? I'll have 18 AC because of Warforged's +1 AC and splintmail.

Couldn't you customize a background so you have thieves' tools instead of multiclassing?
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 1:37 pm

For expertise, got to have that prof. Bonus (which makes my grapples and shoves at a +9 min befor rolling contested). I could have advantage on the roll prior to rage if I took the grappler feat, but I took a different feat for an amusing trick based on my characters lifting capacity.
Arent greatswords 2 handed weapons?
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 1:42 pm

Oh ok, that makes sense then.

Yeah they are two-handed. Paladin offers the Great Weapon fighting style, reroll all 1's and 2's, which applies to all damage associated to that attack including smites. Plus Beric is already a sword and board paladin so I wanted to mix it up.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 1:44 pm

Well you said greatswords, so thought you were two weapon fighting.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 1:54 pm

Sorry, I see the confusion now. I wrote it plural just because there will be more than one greatsword he uses throughout the campaign.

What's the trick you can do based off your carrying capacity?
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 2:09 pm

Involves 6 things. Enemies (more than one for amusement, one is kinda plain), improvised weapon rule, being able to lift more than 300 lbs (not really needed but for some realistic sense, my base carrying capacity is currently 510lbs, and i am barley using 40lbs worth of gear), a creative player, and a creative dm.
You can ask russel from the adventure leauge about the crypt adventure and my handmade weapon 'excalabold'. He can tell you the story. He was a good sport about it. Hard to relate the amusement in written form. I can talk about sunday.
'Escalabold' version one weighed about 40lbs and used as an improvised greatclub.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 2:45 pm

It sounds awesome. One thing that I'm unsure about with the oathbreaker paladin is the holy symbol. I'm still supposed to use it as a focus but I technically don't have a god. Would I still use a symbol of Bane?
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 3:09 pm

Just bear the broken symbol of your former god. Should suffice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome DM Charlie!    Welcome DM Charlie!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome DM Charlie!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next