Consequences of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consequences of War

A record of our adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"I am Overdrive?"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Level: 8
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

"I am Overdrive?" Empty
PostSubject: "I am Overdrive?"   "I am Overdrive?" I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2015, 12:06 pm

ooc: Didn't want to make miscellaneous email accounts just to register for this character so I'll just mark if its Overdrive or Wellby talking if the situation warrants it. This is a warforged grappler. Would've loved to have turned him into a Warforged juggernaut, but difficult to make that into a class spec he's essentially a juggernaut while in rage but without the spikes in regards to damage reduction .

"I am Overdrive?" Warforged_Juggernaut_by_BenWootten

Dreams of Fire and death with a haunting melody and the laughter of a woman fill its thoughts before he awakens. "Awaken my servant, there is much for you to do." says a male voice as life is breathed into a construct of wood and metal. The constructs eyes light up to a light blue color as it stands up. Cobwebs come falling off, the wooden portions of its body groan under a stress it has long forgotten. It has a slightly bulky frame. It scans the room and sees no one. The room itself is ancient with an altar and a statue that's decayed by time.

"Good my servant. You will be known as Overdrive." says the male voice.
"I am.... Overdrive." the construct says.
"A dark future is coming, I cannot come onto this world to prevent it. But you my servant can. You will do whatever is possible to prevent it. They must not succeed."
Overdrive tries to form the words for 'Yes' but it comes out as "I am Overdrive."
"You must've been asleep for too long. That's fine. I may contact you as the time grows closer or if I have more information. Now go!"

A section of a wall opens up to a hallway. Overdrive walks over to an old weapons rack, it looks like the weapons haven't been touched in centuries as rust, mold and patina have formed on them, and the weapons crumble to piles of rust and dust. The only things that do not crumble are an old shield, a pair of winged boots, and an iron symbol in perfect condition.
"I am Overdrive? (May I take these to complete my task master?)"
"You may. They should prove useful."
Overdrive claims the items and walks into the hallway, leaving the temple. Outside it appears the temple was built into a rockface, it is unnoticeable to anyone that wasn't already looking for it and knew it was there. The doors to the temple close behind him and the air and the temple seem to shift in appearance and look like part of the natural rock face. Overdrive climbs down and begins his trek to preventing the disaster his master sent him on and haunts his dreams.

After many years, he ends up in greenest just prior to the Cults attack. After seeing the devastation and destruction caused by the cult. He believes they may be the disaster that was prophesized and joins the group of heroes in their journey.

ooc: Couldn't find a magic item that would be very useful for him. Only main thing would be something that casts "Enlarge" on him that had charges (there is a potion of growth, but need an artificer to be able to use it often as potions are one use), unless one of our spellcasters wants to use up their concentration spell on it during certain fights. Also if someone wants to understand him, they would need to either detect thoughts or use up a language prof for "Overdrive" or handsignals. He understands a few languages.

Last edited by Wellby on February 28th 2015, 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Revenant

Revenant

Character sheet
Character Name: Revenant
Classes: Paladin

"I am Overdrive?" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I am Overdrive?"   "I am Overdrive?" I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2015, 11:56 pm

OOC: Maybe you can communicate with me through some set of robotic clicks and I'll translate?
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

"I am Overdrive?" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I am Overdrive?"   "I am Overdrive?" I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2015, 6:20 am

Ooc: well i used a somewhat custom background build and took the personality trait of the grunts and gestures. Then changed the grunts to the "I am Overdrive." bit. Warforged in general dont have a race specific language. I could simply toss a note to someone with the full translation, and that character can interpret how they want. Useally with long enough time someone can fully understand him.
Other than that I could've called him Overload or Onslaught, but Overdrive seem to stick in my head.
Back to top Go down
CharlesDM

CharlesDM

Character sheet
Character Name: Dungeon master
Level: 19
Classes: All

"I am Overdrive?" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I am Overdrive?"   "I am Overdrive?" I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2015, 2:06 pm

So "I am groot?" I like the idea of Revenant talking via Binary, maybe spend downtime learning this new "Language?"

Also, what class?
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

"I am Overdrive?" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I am Overdrive?"   "I am Overdrive?" I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2015, 2:14 pm

Since we're starting at lvl7. Its going to be barbarian (bear totem/aspect) 6, rouge 1.
Was kinda the idea. One of the personality traits in hermit was the grunting and hand waving for being isolated for so long. So decided on changing it to simply limiting what he can actually say. I did hint that I was going to do that in another post talking bout needing someone to be my "rocket racoon".

Really wanted to make him a warforged juggernaut, old 3.5 prestige class which warforged lose their humanity side and be more like a construct, basically harmed their social but gave them construct like traits with an abnormally high natural ac. And spikes which did damage in grapples.
I could potentially make a racial class spec conversion, which to keep the flavor i would have to change my class due to needing an adamantine body which would be considered heavy armor.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

"I am Overdrive?" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I am Overdrive?"   "I am Overdrive?" I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2015, 11:14 pm

Incase your curious on background. I used the Feature: Discovery. Personality: Due to being isolated for so long can only say "I am Overdrive." and make gestures. Ideals: No good pretending something I'm not. Bonds: Has awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it. Flaws: Harbors dark bloodthirsty thoughts that his isolation hasn't quelled.   He is Lawful Neutral leaning towards true neutral/ chaotic neutral, he is following orders but can get very violent when the situation demands it and doesn't care about it.

Also added in a picture that's very close to my current view of him.
Back to top Go down
Revenant

Revenant

Character sheet
Character Name: Revenant
Classes: Paladin

"I am Overdrive?" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I am Overdrive?"   "I am Overdrive?" I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2015, 12:12 am

Where's the picture?
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

"I am Overdrive?" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I am Overdrive?"   "I am Overdrive?" I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2015, 7:48 am

In the first post of course. Cant you see it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"I am Overdrive?" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I am Overdrive?"   "I am Overdrive?" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"I am Overdrive?"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Consequences of War :: In-Character :: Character Bios-
Jump to: