Consequences of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consequences of War

A record of our adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

During the long rest

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet
Character Name: Beric Stormraven/Ulric Grimnar
Level: 6
Classes: Paladin

During the long rest - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2015, 11:03 pm

OOC: "The presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell."

Thanks for taking the time Harold Smile
Back to top Go down
https://consequencesofwar.rpg-board.net
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2015, 11:04 pm

OOC: You can add whatever flavor you want like you've done in the past too
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet
Character Name: Wellby Goodhill
Level: 8
Classes: 3 Rouge, 5 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2015, 11:17 pm

"My patron is aware of who has my sheet in this fort and its power. He felt that we lacked a bit of power for the coming fight and offered to bring Popinski back to life."
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet
Character Name: Soda Popinski
Classes: Barbarian V, Fighter I

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2015, 2:32 am

"Death does not suit me well. Gentleman gave me same deal as Shadow man: Sheets for soul. However, Gentleman gave me one more job." He puts a heavy gauntlet on Wellby's shoulder. "I must protect this with life."
Back to top Go down
Nym Leavold

Nym Leavold

Character sheet
Character Name: Nym Leavold
Classes: 8 Warlock

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2015, 5:47 am

During this conversation, Nym wanders into the tent, and collapses on the blankets. She falls asleep almost instantly.
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet
Character Name: Maleck Torment
Level: 7
Classes: Wizard - Necromancer

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2015, 6:10 am

Berric's minds eye opens allowing him to see what others cannot. He concentrates on Popinski believing he should see the aura of the undead, or at least feel the presence of evil's taint. However, he gets none of this from Soda, or anyone in the party. The fortress still exudes some aura of evil, but that is all he can discern.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2015, 9:28 am

"Technically, the price for you was doing various jobs till your not needed, not your soul. Though almost same thing."
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2015, 12:02 pm

"Point, is that gentleman allow me to continue helping shiny man and friends." He turns and begins to settle down in a cross legged position. "As long as shadow man is safe, I am still on your side.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2015, 7:37 pm

When Beric sees that there is no evil or sense of undead around Soda, he lightens up and begins smiling. "It's good to have you back. So all you have to do is protect Wellby? These sheets must be very important to your patron."
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2015, 8:09 pm

"Apparently, he wants me to succeed in my venture. Why, I don't know. Too many major players know about the sheets."
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2015, 12:20 am

"Very powerful people involved with music." He turns and looks through the pack, finding his bedroll.
Back to top Go down
Beric Stormraven
Admin
Beric Stormraven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2015, 10:45 am

"Well at least for once we have grown stronger with them."

Not that Beric had calmed around Soda, Oryx comes over and starts licking him.
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2015, 11:58 pm

"I had been doing some research on the sheets themselves and I belive the music itself is protected from being played piece meal. Less sheets played, the worse the sound. With the third sheet the music should sound semi decent, but wont have any major effects."
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 12:00 am

"And what do sheets do when all sheets are played?"
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 9:20 am

"As far as I know, the music is supposed to sound so beautiful, that the gods themselves will be moved by it. Unfortunately, the 6th sheet was never played due to betrayal. "
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 9:28 am

Wellby thinks for a moment. The music he heard when Truffle played one sheet was horrendous and anything but beautiful. Could the history of these sheets be wrong, or is love truly in the eye of the beholder? The Gentleman does seem refined when he presents himself, but he doesn't appear musical. Is just the collector, or a treasure hunter for the gods?

Wellby turns to look at Soda in the darkness, still amazed at his sudden rebirth. Why am I so important that he brought Soda back to protect me?
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 12:12 pm

Soda unfurls his pack, glad to see that the rest of the party didn't take his rations. He sits cross legged, eating some of his jerky. "Who was betrayed?"
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 1:50 pm

"If the stories were correct, which is kind of here say, since most written records of that time were lost. My ancestors were the ones that were betrayed. They had crafted the song but they lacked the ability to properly play music. My family isn't very skilled with instruments but knew a thing or two about song writing, at least back then. They had hired an experienced group of minstrels to play the music infront of Cormyr's king then during a huge concert. When it came time for them to play, only a portion of the song was played, I was told it was up to the 5th sheet but the sound was beautiful, then they stopped as if they had reached the end of song. Bowed and claimed they had written it even with my ancestors protests, nobles which had plotted against my family, made false accusations to further their own ends, and ruined our reputation so badly that My family name is worth less than trash now. Most people don't remember why its trash now, but continue to treat my family like it."

"For some reason the sheets were spread out over the course of time. Probably by people selling the sheets, trading, transport, being locked away or simple being stolen." Wellby smirks at the last part.

"The original sheets bear my family's mark on them in such as place that no one else can see it without a Goodhill pointing it out. Only reason I am hunting for the originals, copies of the 5 part song don't bear the mark and don't have the same effect."

"Only problem I'm seeing right now are the amount of people looking for the sheets and know about them. Theres the cult of the dragon so tiamats involved, bahamuts involved, your sister is probably involved Berric and so her patron probably knows, then theirs my patron. My patron appears refined but doesn't carry the air of a musically interested person, but wants me to complete my task so much that he resurrected someone to protect me to insure I complete my task. He might simply want it for his collection or getting it for someone else."
Back to top Go down
SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 3:02 pm

"Or maybe sheets do something we not know."
Back to top Go down
Wellby

Wellby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 8:13 pm

"Possibly. But would have to find records which may have been left behind. But since my family hasn't been able to stay in one place, cant tell where those records might have been. My grandmother might know she did tell me the stories of the sheets, rest of my family never cared for 'pipe dreams'."

"Unless of course its possible to figure out their use, would need someone willing to research that...."
Back to top Go down
Healdhj

Healdhj

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2015, 7:48 am

The party drifts into an uneasy sleep for the rest of the night with Han Ei taking the last watch. He eyes Soda with fear and a little awe. Berric cautioned him to stay his hand so no harm came to Soda or his uncle.

Dawn creeps in slowly. The only indication is a slight rise in the humidity. A new day has come and the party must prepare to move on. As torches are lit the rest. Of the party sees the revived Soda. His flesh is paler than before and the three black scars on his chest seem to soak in the sunlight. His red attire is now black. Otherwise he seems the same...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: During the long rest   During the long rest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

During the long rest
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4